This blog post is sponsored by Shamrock Farms
Everyone love having Eggnog as a Christmas tradition. I do too actually, and love it. Eggnog has always been a must for our family every holiday season. With the perfect taste that is just right for the holiday atmosphere, I personally think eggnog deserves the spotlight throughout the entire holiday season. This year, I have been loving to share unexpected twists from traditional dishes. So here is another recipe that I believe everyone will fall in love with. Before getting into it, be sure to check out my previous Thanksgiving side-dish which is the Crispy-Fried Pumpkin Salad with Sour Cream ranch. Now let’s check out the Eggnog Cream Puffs – an easy recipe with Eggnog you can make this Christmas.
- ½ cup water
- 65gr all purpose flour
- 65gr unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tbsp Shamrock Farms Eggnog
- 3 tbsp sugar powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Why Shamrock Farms products?
I have been using and loving Shamrock Farms dairy products. Shamrock Farms is a local Arizona company and since I’m an Arizonan, I am proud to support them. It’s because all of their products are handcrafted with pure and fresh milk from their family of local farms. This holiday season, Shamrock Farms is sharing modern twists and transformed traditional recipes with Eggnog on their website. And you can find this Eggnog Cream Puffs recipe there too.
How to make (steps by steps)
1. Boil water, ¾ tsp granulated sugar, ¼ tsp salt, and butter in a small pot on high heat until the mixture is completely boiled.
2. Turn the stove to low heat, quickly add all-purpose flour and mix well until everything is thick and non-sticky.
3.Remove the mixture from the pot, mix a little more to make it less hot.
4. When the mixture cools down but is still warm, add 2 eggs and mix well until smooth.
5. Preheat the oven to 430 degrees.
6. Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag or thick ziploc bag and cut a ⅓” hold.
7. Squeeze the mixture out on a baking tray/sheet. Each dough should be a size of an oreo cookie. Use your finger to shape them if necessary (Tips: dip your finger into water to avoid stickiness).
8. Bake at 430 degrees for 14 mins (or a little longer until you start seeing the shells get golden brown if your oven is big) then continue baking at 350 degrees for another 10 minutes.
9. After baking, take the puffs out and wait for them to completely cool down.
10. Meanwhile, prepare the Eggnog filling cream by mixing Shamrock Farms Heavy Whipping Cream (either stand mixer or hand mixer works) until soft peak.
11. Add sugar powder 1 tbsp at a time, then add vanilla extract.
12. Slowly add Shamrock Farms Eggnog and continue to mix until stiff peak then transfer the cream into a frosting bag/ziploc bag.
13. The puffs should be cool now. Use a knife to cut them horizontal however small or large you want. I personally leave a small part to make them open and close like a seashell.
14. Fill the Eggnog cream in the middle of each puff. We love eating them with just the right amount of cream, but you can fill less or more cream depending on your preference.
And that’s it.
It might seem a lot when you read it but it’s really not complicated at all. I am sure everyone can make them. This is an easy recipe you can make this Christmas or throughout the holiday season if you love eggnog like I do. Shamrock Farms Eggnog is made in small batches, from pure, fresh Shamrock Farms milk and cream. With a custom blend of spices for the creamiest premium taste, it is a holiday favorite. This is why I love Shamrock Farms products. I can notice the farm-fresh flavor and richness from them.
This Eggnog Cream Puffs recipe is an easy recipe and it’s going to be your family’s favorite this Christmas. You can also make them fun for the Holidays by adding colors to the cream. Again, this recipe is going to be listed on Shamrock Farms website. They have many great recipe ideas for holidays that you can follow as well. Plus, they are having a coupon which is $1 off any 2 Shamrock Farms products. Have fun and enjoy!