As a work at home mom, and as a first time mom, my most struggle is having my daughter play by herself. She is a very impatient toddler who easily gets bored. So we have been spending lots of money buying her new toys and I have to say I got a list of items that she actually likes and plays with them longer than others. I guess we are not the only parents who struggle with this so by sharing this, I hope to help you parents have some free time while your kids playing by themselves, also save some money by not trying so many.
All the items in this list are items that my daughter owns and truly LOVES. Okay, here we go:
- B. Toys LIGHT ME TO THE MOON – flashlight projector This is my daughter’s new obsession. Toddler loves pressing buttons and seeing magical things happen. This toy does both. I can see it as necessary item when I transfer her to her own room.
- Kidzlane 12 piece – DOCTOR KIT My daughter has this kit for a long while and it’s one of the toys we would never put away. It’s always there for her and she keeps reaching to it everyday for over a year already. I highly recommend this kit.
- Kidzlane Karaoke Microphone with Bluetooth This is another Kidzlane toy that she loves. I feel like toys from this brand is so playful and my daughter loves them. It’s super cute and fun watching her throwing her wild dance move and sings along with the nursery theme songs in this karaoke toy.
- Hasbro FurReal Roarin’ Tyler Playful Tiger This toy is actually a little in a pricey side. However it looks so real and so cute. We have lots of stuffed toys from cheap to expensive and this turns out to be the one she reaches to the most. If your kids love interactive animal toys, this would be one of the best choices.
- Cheap bandages with cute designs for kids I bet your kids love bandages as much as my daughter does. Some cute bandage would be best to go with a doctor toy kit. Since it’s just for them to play with, get the cheap one. I found this set of 100 pieces for a very good price on Amazon.
- Puffy 3D stickers stickers is always the best toy for either in door or on the go. We always have some ready. We also use them as the ‘final power’ whenever she throws major tantrums. Tips: puffy stickers is life saver. If you don’t want to spend time and hold your breath taking those flat stickers off your wall and furnitures, get the puffy ones. It’s way easier to take them off.
- LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart line up teddy bears and stuffed animals along the wall or bench. Have your toddler pushing this cart around and selling ice cream to each of her stuffed friends. That’s what we like to do, and my daughter LOVES it. We sure have a good free time to finish some works.
- Water Beads OCEAN SENSORY KIT If your toddler gets over the habit of putting things into her/his mouth, this would be the best affordable sensory play idea. My daughter has never put things in her mouth except for food on her plate (I feel so lucky for that). So we have been letting her play with water beads for a long while now. She LOVES it. Anything involved by water keeps my daughter busy for over an hour. This kit is cheap and it can be drained for next time use.
- Little Tikes Spiralin’ Sea Waterpark Play Table We actually have this water play table to play with the water bead kit above. Sometime we just let her play water with it. However I would recommend having them play with this toy outside (patio, backyard) since water can be all over the place.
Those are the toys that my daughter has been loving. Again, my daughter always ask me and my husband to play with her. The toys above are the ones she can play by herself so I am sure your kids would too.
I hope this blog post is helpful. If you have any toy ideas that you think would fit the list, throw it in the comment below.
Thanks for stopping by,